Lumia ½ Zip Hack
- Cut both front pieces and pocket on the fold adding 4" to all pieces
- Add 3” to sleeve length*
- Thin back body piece 1” from armscye to hem*
- Size down one**
- Cut interfacing 1” x length of zipper on bodice
*These alterations are for a tshirt style hem and sleeve. If you do want to have a banded hem, you will not alter the length on any pieces.
** If using a lightweight ABP and want a more fitted top.
- Press interfacing on center line of center front piece at neck and collar.
- Place pocket and center front piece RST. Serge/ zig zag stitch along pocket curve.
- Place front side piece RST with center front piece and pin in place. The angled front pocket will also line up with the middle pocket. Sew along all edges.Here is what the inside will look like when flipped:
- Flip right side out. Top stitch the curve as desired.
For install of the zipper and collar, check out the awesome tutorial on the Greenstyle Youtube channel.
Click the following link…https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54Gj8PDxypc
Follow Lumia instructions to construct back, sew on sleeves, and sew front and back body together along side seam.
*If looking for a more fitted silhouette, follow the lines of the front piece. It is recommended to baste and check fit along the side seam.
- Attach inside collar and topstitch along the zipper and neckline.
- Turn hem of body and sleeves up by 1” and top stitch as desired.
- Tadaaaa! Your 1/2 zip Lumia is done!